Urge is looking for an Advertising Sales Director. This is a unique opportunity to be your own boss, chart your own course and make as much money as your intelligence and ingenuity allows. While strong sales skills are instrumental to the position we are also seeking individuals who possess an entrepreneurial spirit and leadership abilities.
Ideal candidates will have the skills to open doors and sell the services and products we offer; and will also have the desire to put together, manage and inspire their own team of sales associates in the near future. (ie, 12-18 month goal)
There is no base salary for this position. Compensation is a very generous commission designed for individuals who have the entrepreneurial spirit, confidence, and abilities to chart their own course. Hours are flexible, but if you are committed to earning a high income you should be steadfast in allocating the necessary amount of time. You can work from any location.
- Starting out you will receive guidance, coaching and sales tools from the owner and brand manager of the agency. Your focus will be on prospecting and setting meetings with potential clients.
- During the first six months of your engagement, the owner / brand manager will conduct each meeting with you and be responsible for closing sales. As you sit-in on each deal you will develop a comprehensive understanding of our services and our key selling points.
- By month six you should be well versed enough to initiate and close sales on your own. However, if you require additional sales support it will always be available.
- Once you are proficient in closing your own deals, you will be coached on developing your own sales team and you will earn an override commission for each sales associate on your team.
- A minimum of 5 years of related work experience, ideally in the digital media industry
- A keen ability to see opportunities, understands needs, create relevant solutions, set proper expectations and close meaningful deals
- Demonstrated record of success in a fast-paced, goal-oriented sales environment
- Dynamic, flexible, hard-working attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are a must
- High level of organization with good attention to detail
- Strong project management and negotiation skills
- Proficiency with CRM tools such as SalesForce
- Knowledge of social media
- Passion for news, entertainment and current events, and knowledge of the advertising industry
Job Field: Sales